VH1 has officially released the names of Love & Hip-Hop’s new cast in NYC. Returning for the third season is Olivia who will continue struggling for musical relevance and a choice in hair color, but this time she’s got an NBA player boo. Her manager, Rich Dollaz, is also returning with flop model and wannabe singer, Erica Mena, as his girlfriend. Yandy Smith is also making her way back into the fray with her boyfriend Mendeecees Harris and their new baby boy.
New to the cast are infamous rapper/Black Twitter harlequin, Joe Budden, along with his infamous ex-girlfriend, Tahiry José. DJ Raqi Thunda is a supposed friend of Budden’s who has some sort of beef with Tahiry. Queens rapper, Consquence, is joining with his gossip queen girlfriend, Jen the Pen. Other than that, you can expect a chick who sells shoes and an assistant. VH1 has more info on the new cast in their press release below.
• Joe Budden — Fierce free-styling artist Joe Budden is widely considered one of hip hop’s most gifted lyricists. His Grammy award-winning song “Pump It Up” was featured in the hit movie 2 Fast 2 Furious. This ladies’ man is also known for posting about his very public relationships and break-ups online.
• Tahiry Jose — Tahiry is a charismatic urban model who is best known for her rapid-fire sarcasm as well as her painful and very public break-up with Joe Budden.
• Raqi Thunda — Radio personality and DJ Raqi Thunda has no problem keeping it real. Raqi and Joe Budden insist they are just long-time friends. However, Raqi and Joe’s ex, Tahiry don’t see eye- to- eye and have a tumultuous relationship.
• Consequence — NYC rapper Consequence has established a successful career working with the likes of Kanye West and A Tribe Called Quest. His five year relationship with fellow cast member Jen Bayer and their 1-year old son Caiden has left the couple bickering about how to raise the child based on differing cultural and religious beliefs.
• Jen “The Pen” Bayer — Known for dishing up gossip with DJ Whoo Kid and The Hot Boyz of Chicago, Jen has spent the past year raising Caiden, her son with cast member Consequence.
• Winter Ramos — With a brief appearance in the second season of “Love And Hip Hop,” Winter Ramos, former assistant to rapper Fabolous, is making her name in hip hop history as she writes a tell-all book on her roster of famous ex-boyfriends and her life in the music industry. She is currently the Creative Costume Designer for Flavor Unit Films.
• Rashidah Ali — Known as the “Blinged Out Bombshell,” Rashidah is most known for being a shoe consultant to the stars and is currently working on launching her own shoe line, Encore.
The new season of Love & Hip-Hop premieres on January 7th at 8pm on VH1.